I've been thinking lately a lot about sex in our society. On one hand sex is glamorized by Hollywood, and the media. On the other hand sex is still considered such a taboo subject. Movies/TV shows like "Sex in the City" (which i just happen to love!) is one of those shows that make sex a normal ever day thing. They make a ''taboo'' subject acceptable to talk about in a SOCIAL setting and I love it! We live in 2010.... why should sex be considered a hush hush thing? Granted I'm not saying go and have sex with everything that moves! But I don't get why in this day and age it should be shameful to speak out? The way my best friend and I am reminds me a lot of the ladies from "Sex in the City''. We speak about sex like it's absolutely no big deal. I just don't get what the point of being so secretive about sex is? It is a perfectly normal and natural thing. Now there are definitely the wrong and right times for certain conversations, but if you are out to lunch or dinner with friends I don't understand why a tasteful conversation about sex is given dirty and shocked looks? Puh-lease like they don't have sex.... well if that's how they treat sex conversations....maybe they don't have sex!
No comments:
Post a Comment