Okay I was born in the 90's i grew up playing Super Mario on NES, Mario Kart on N64 and the forever classic Zelda : Ocarina of Time. Now I'm 19 years of age, and my little brother whom is 14 is playing the PS3. He plays theses war games online and it kind of shocks me when he told me about theses games. The game he is playing now is Call of Duty : Modern Warfare. You use a long list of weapons which include nuclear and biological warfare to kill your ''enemies." I was also told that there is a mission in this game that you go through an airport only killing civilians. Now I looked this up and it IS INDEED in the game. You have the option to skip this mission due to the graphic nature of it.... You are placed in the shoes of a terrorist and openly slaughter hundreds of innocent people.
How in the world did that get okay'd??? I understand that there is an age restriction on such games, but come on how many parents are going to buy it for their children because they want them. I hear all the time that video games are too violent yada yada. Yet we still make video games like this?
Now the argument with this is that Grand Theft Auto is MUCH more violent and graphic then this. But that isn't even a valid argument. Since when is it okay to glamorize slaughtering civilians? The point is that THIS is what we are giving to our children and teenagers. Granted it IS the responsibility of the parents to monitor what their children play, but why even make games like this? Day after day i read in the news about teenagers and children being arrested for murder. Like in a world so full of violence already do we really need a fantasy world with MORE violence in it?
Those bloodsail scoundrels use snuff and grog though!!!!!!
ReplyDelete