Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The Interesting Industry of Embalming

So I was watching CSI, and something came on about embalming. So it made me think....how exactly is embalming done? So I looked it up thanks to trusty Google*, and it really made me start thinking.... When we did start such invasive procedure? Back in the old days you put two coins on the deads eyes and cremated them. Most countries it isn't law to embalm, which is another odd things Americans do. I mean I understand the reason for embalming, so that we can mourn our dead, and view them and what not, but uh! I don't want that to happen to me! Very invasive, plus like dude I'm already dead....whats the point? Just like how i don't get it when people spend THOUSANDS of dollars on caskets, burial plots, funerals in general. Like it's on thing to respect the dead but good lord! My views on it, hey I'm dead cremate me! Just the random thoughts for today!


** Embalming Process**
http://listverse.com/2007/11/08/the-5-stages-of-embalming/

No comments:

Post a Comment