Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Ladies and Gentlemen are you aware that Chicago has a 28 year long gun ban in it's city? Well I was stalking the yahoo new section which i tend to do day in and day out when I came across this article *linked at bottom* where I read about Chicago's gun ban. This article is about how this city's citizens are hoping that the gun ban WILL be over turned. It gives stories of the average person in Chicago, about how they were victims of burglary, threats and more.

Adam Orlov, and businessman and ex police officer, stated about the gun ban " the law only prohibits the actions of those who are law-abiding. The more law-abiding the more likely you are to be vulnerable to the activities of criminals"

And I agree 100% criminals in Chicago, or anywhere really, aren't going to abide by this law, so you are leaving the people in this town defenseless against home invasion, robberies and car jackings. City officials made the statement that they have the right to make laws and decide how to protect it's citizens.....

But my question is what about the RIGHTS of the citizens to have the ability to protect their families? And the RIGHT to decide HOW to protect themselves? Not to mention.....it's UNCONSTITUTIONAL. 2nd amendment folks, The right to bare arms.
I'm not particularly a gun advocate but you know it's my constitutional right as an American citizen to be ABLE to have a gun if I should feel the need to have one. As it is every Americans right ( granted you are no a felon! lol).

Someone PLEASE tell me how this law got passed in the first place?? And someone PLEASE take this to court over the fact that it is a direct violation of the 2nd amendment!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100301/ap_on_re_us/us_chicago_gun_ban

No comments:

Post a Comment